Ukrainian rock band continue making music in the UK
A family of musicians who left Ukraine last month say they will continue to make music to support those still in the country.
Daria and Konstantin Naumenko have moved to Earls Barton in Northamptonshire with their seven-year-old daughter Vera.
They are part of rock band Sunrise and have been putting on concerts in their new home to raise money for Ukraine.
Mrs Naumenko said it "became too much" for the family to stay in the country.
Sunrise has released four albums and in 2018 performed a concert in Kyiv with the Orchestra of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
The couple had started building a new recording studio and finished one of the rooms just before the war started a year ago.
They had moved to a village outside of Kyiv but said in December they decided to come to the UK.
Mrs Naumenko said: "For me it was very [a] hard decision because I didn't want to go from Ukraine for a long time but I understood it was dangerous.
"We have a daughter and we have a responsibility."
The couple, who are both singers in the band, have continued to play and perform music since arriving in the UK.
Mrs Naumenko, who also plays keyboard, said: "I think that music in general inspires and encourages people and we try to do this, and for ourselves we had to leave our country and we know that our country is in danger and our music supports us.
"Many of our songs are about Ukraine, they are about the struggle of Ukrainian people, [the songs] try to support people to give them hope.
"We hope the war will end soon because it is very hard to not be with your country and people there continue to die."
Their daughter has now followed in their footsteps and wrote a song while still in Ukraine during the war.
"As a family we play music [all] the time, Vera is a very musical girl and she wrote a song herself," Mrs Naumenko said.
She said the song was about Ukrainian people and Ukrainian soldiers, adding Vera "likes to sing it very much".
Find BBC News: East of England on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. If you have a story suggestion email email@example.com
- Knifeman killed two on German train before brave travelers tackled him
- Chinese rocket breaks up over Texas after putting three spy satellites in orbit to monitor South China Sea
- Freed Andrew Tate says he has 'abconsequentlylute clarity of thought' after ho utilize arrest release from jail in eccentric peakless video of him pacing backwards and forward smoking a cigar in his home
- 'Dances With Wolves' star gained trust with tribes across America as a 'healing medicine man' before arrest for allegedly sexually assaulting young Native American girls and running cult
- BREAKING NEWS: Sean Dyche IS the new Everton manager, with deal done for ex-Burnley boss to fight to save Toffees from relegation after Marcelo Bielsa said no... and with an announcement prepared today
- Is it finally all over for Amir Khan? As boxer is banned for two years for failed drugs test, how career of Bolton's distinguished consequentlyn - plagued by marriage cheating rumours, family rows, and a robbery at gunpoint - looks to be firmly on the ropes
- Biden will boast about the 12 million jobs he's 'created' and tell Republicans 'fighting for the sake of conflict gets us nowhere,' according to first look at his State of the Union address
- Ukraine INVITES DeSantis to visit after he dismissed Russian invasion as a 'territorial dispute': Kyiv says Florida Governor needs to understand 'full scale' of war - and why it IS a 'vital' US interest